- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon, plus 4 whole sprigs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 4 cleaned whole rainbow trout, (about 5 ounces each; see Shopping Tip)
- 12 thin slices of lemon, (1-2 lemons)
- Whisk chopped tarragon, lemon juice, oil, shallot, 1/4 teaspoon salt, sugar and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing; add beans and peppers to the rest and toss to combine
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Coat a large fish-grilling basket with cooking spray. Stuff each trout with 3 slices lemon and 1 tarragon sprig. Sprinkle inside and out with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place in the basket.
- Grill the fish until the skin is golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Carefully remove the lemon and tarragon, drizzle the fish with the reserved dressing and serve with the bean salad.
341 calories; 16 g fat ( 4 g sat , 5 g mono ); 74 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 33 g protein; 5 g fiber; 654 mg sodium; 812 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (23% daily value), Calcium, Vitamin A & Vitamin C (15% dv).